See below for corrected recipe for September, 2016.
The October issue of the Old West Side News is underway and will soon be out to be distributed by early in the month. This issue will highlight current developments and features our generous columnists. We publish nine times a year (monthly, except no issues in March, July, and November). For more information, contact email@example.com.
Please consider submitting a short piece (400 words? 800 words?) on a subject of interest or importance to you and to your neighbors. Photos are also welcome.
Press deadlines are the first week of the month PRIOR to publication (i.e., materials for the April newsletter should be submitted the first week of March).
We are pleased to use Goetzcraft Printers, Inc. to produce the OWSNews and related materials. That firm may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN FACEBOOK OR TWITTER COVERAGE of the Old West Side, please take a look - tags are noted in the newsletter.
Corrected recipe for September, 2016 for Yogurt Panna Cotta:
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 cups yogurt
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons gelatin (unflavored, such as KNOX)
Pinch Kosher salt for seasoning
1. Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water in a small saucepan. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
2. Combine rest of ingredients in a different saucepan and heat over medium heat just until sugar dissolves.
3. Heat gelatin over low heat just until it becomes liquid. Then whisk it into the cream mixture. Strain.
4. Season with one pinch of salt at a time. Season to your liking. With each pinch of salt, the panna cotta should get more tangy.
5. Pour into molds or bowls and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
6. Just before serving, release panna cotta from molds or serve in a bowl. Great with seasonal fruit, jams, & honey.